This Policy explains generally our practices, but in all respects this Policy and the application of our practices will be subject to and in accordance with the provisions of applicable privacy protection laws.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following types of information from or about you and your mobile phone device, which may include some information that can be used to identify you (“Private Personal Information”):
a) Information You Provide: You may provide us with certain Private Personal Information, such as your:
· contact information such as name, phone number, email address, mailing address and mobile phone number;
· demographic information including age, gender and ethnicity;
· device and mobile device information such as device type, mobile device id (including unique device identifier), browser type, and mobile service provider ("MSP");
· financial and billing information such as credit card number, billing address and bank account number;
· preferences information you provide such as product or content interests, or communication or marketing preferences;
· usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed, and which areas of our airG and the Site you visited; and
· any IP address uniquely associated with your mobile device.
b) Cookies: We, or a third party we engage to provide services to us, may store one or more cookies (a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) on your device that uniquely identifies your browser. These cookies may store an API key, but no other personal information. airG and the Site use persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser, and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site or subsequent sessions of airG. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, airG or the Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. By using airG or the Site, you agree to accept the placement of cookies on your mobile device browser.
c) Site Logs: When you use airG or the Site, our servers may log certain information that your web browser sends to us. These logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, type of browser, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request.
d) Web Beacons: A web beacon is an electronic image placed on a web page that can serve many of the same purposes that cookies serve, For example, recording the pages you visit on our site. We, or third parties service providers, may use web beacons to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another. We, or our third party service provider, may use web beacons in some of our emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients or track click-through rates. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications to customers and our marketing campaigns.
e) Analytics: We may partner with third party agents to provide analytics on usage of airG by our users. The data collected by our agents may include: agent version, platform, SDK version, timestamp, API key (identifier for application), application version, device identifier, iOS Identifier for Advertising, iOS Identifier for Vendors, Android Advertiser ID, Media Access Control (MAC) address, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), Model, manufacturer and OS version of device, session start/stop time, device uptime, locale (specific location where a given language is spoken), mobile network code/mobile country code, time zone, network status (WiFi, etc.), memory, disk, CPU and battery usage information.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your Private Personal Information that we collect for the following purposes:
- to administer airG and the Site, including but not limited to building your airG account and delivering you content from airG or the Site;
- to communicate with you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to airG or the Site,
- to provide airG and the Site to you;
- to send you push notifications, text messages, emails or airmails, when you are using airG or the Site. If you do not want these notifications, text messages or emails, you can manage your preferences either through your device or app settings depending on your device type or contact us at email@example.com;
- to notify you about new products and services offered by us that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to enforce this Policy;
- to send you marketing communications, including emails and banner and other forms of advertisements;
- to administer contests and sweepstakes you entered, and notify you if you won;
- to assess your needs to determine suitable products or services;
- to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- to respond to your request for customer service;
- to protect our rights, property or personal safety and of our users and the public; or
- as required or authorized by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
airG and the Site are a community service and, as such, all information you put in your user public profile (including any Private Personal Information that you choose to input into your account user profile) will be made available to other users of airG or the Site.
airG does not and will not sell, rent, share or disclose your Private Personal Information without first receiving your permission or as disclosed in this policy.
Under certain circumstances, we may disclose your Private Personal Information:
- when you have explicitly consented to the disclosure;
- to fulfill the purpose for which the Private Personal Information was collected;
- if we engage a third party to provide services to us (such as your Mobile Services Provider, and computer back-up services or archival file storage), and the third party is obligated to us to keep such information confidential and/or not to disclose such information, even after our relationship with you has ended;
- to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties or the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction;
- to respond to your request for customer service;
- to provide you with our offers, promotions or information related to airG, the Site or any other product which we may in the future offer;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of airG and its users and the public; or
- when we are required or authorized by law or legal process to do so or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us.
Your Choices and Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
We will take appropriate measures to ensure that the Private Personal Information we have about you is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. You have the right to access the Private Personal Information we have collected about you and, if such Private Personal Information is inaccurate, you have the right to request that we correct such Private Personal Information or erase it. Note that we have the right to deny your access to your Private Personal Information and we also have the right to refuse to correct such Private Personal Information but, if we deny you access or refuse to correct, we will provide a reason why. You also have the right to request that we attach to your Private Personal Information any statement you furnish to us that indicates how your Private Personal Information should be changed. Once a correction has been made or a statement of correction attached to your Private Personal Information, we will undertake to inform each person to whom such Private Personal Information has been disclosed of such correction or statement. We require at least 20 business days to correct your Private Personal Information, although we will acknowledge your request to correct your Private Personal Information within 10 business days of receiving your request.
If you wish to access the Private Personal Information we have collected about you, contact our privacy officer at the address listed at the end of this Policy. We may request a reasonable fee to furnish you with the response you request.
If we provide your Private Personal Information to third parties other than those who assist us in providing the airG and the Site, we will notify you of the purpose for which the Private Personal Information is being shared. Your consent to such activity is implied because of our business relationship with you, but you may revoke your consent in the manner described above.
Transfer of Private Personal Information
Your Private Personal Information may be processed by us in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States and/or Canada, where laws regarding processing of Private Personal Information may be different than the laws in your country. Our servers are located in the United States and Canada, and as such, your Private Personal Information may be available to the U.S. government or its agencies under lawful orders made in the U.S.. Please be advised that through your continued use of airG, and the Site, we may be transferring your Private Personal Information to the U.S. and you expressly consent to that transfer and consent to be governed by U.S. law for these purposes.
We may delete your Private Personal Information when such information ceases to be necessary.
We may also use your Private Personal Information to generate Summarized Data for internal use and for sharing with affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners for planning and marketing purposes. "Summarized Data" means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying individuals, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and Private Personal Information will be kept anonymous in Summarized Data.
Tracking and Ads
We may partner with third party ad networks to either display advertising on airG and the Site or manage our advertising on other websites. Our ad network partner may use technologies to collect non-personally identifiable information about your activities on airG and the Site and other applications to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests.
By providing Private Personal Information to us and by retaining us to provide you with airG and the Site, you voluntarily consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Private Personal Information as specified in this Policy. Without limiting the foregoing, we may on occasion ask you to consent when we collect, use, or disclose your Private Personal Information in specific circumstances. Sometimes we may imply your consent through your conduct with us, and rely on that, if the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is obvious and you voluntarily provide the information.
You may revoke any and/or all consents you have given to us; in order to revoke such consent(s), please contact our privacy officer in writing at the address listed at the end of these terms. At least 20 business days are required to effectuate your revocation of consent from the time we receive it. Please note, however, that revocation of any consent does not have retroactive effect.
You may wish to opt out of receiving certain information and communications from us, including cookies. You may do so by contacting us at the addresses at the end of this Policy.
Your Security and Private Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Private Personal Information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, due to the nature of wireless technology and potential security breaches, we cannot ensure the security or privacy of information you submit through airG or the Site, including Private Personal Information. Please remember that you control what Private Personal Information you provide while using airG or the Site. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your Private Personal Information in your possession. Always be careful and responsible regarding your Private Personal Information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them or make public in any way (such as adding Private Personal Information to your user profile in airG or the Site) and you should use caution in selecting the Private Personal Information you provide to others. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any Private Personal Information or other information which you receive from other users through airG or the Site, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any Private Personal Information or other information which you may receive from other users. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the private Personal Information or other information provided by other users of airG or the Site. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such Private Personal Information or other information of others.
Traffic and Usage
We may monitor traffic patterns, usage and related information. We use this information in order to optimize and assess usage of airG and the Site. We reserve the right to disclose information about your usage of airG and the Site, and demographics in forms that do not reveal your personal identity.
Personal Information of Individuals Under 14 Years Old
We do not knowingly provide airG and the Site to, and will not knowingly collect Private Personal Information from:
- anyone under the age of 14.
Merger or Sale
In the event that airG is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign all your Private Personal Information, and any other information we have collected from you and our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
This Policy may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "Effective Date" indicated below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. Your continued use of airG or the Site constitutes your agreement to this Policy and any amendments. We recommend that you print a copy of this Policy for your reference and revisit this Policy from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes.
Should you have any further questions or concerns about this Policy and the privacy of information you provide to us, please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer at:
#710 – 1133 Melville Street, Vancouver, B.C., V6E 4E5
September 22, 2014
© 2014 airG Inc.| all rights reserved